As I read this I had a mini meltdown of sorts because you see we go back to school on August 20th - as in kids are there, school has begun! I go back on the 10th! WHERE*HAS*MY*SUMMER*GONE???? and full panic mode I*HAVE*A*MILLION*THINGS*TO*DO still.
Deep breath - if I just make a check list of things to do I will be fine. Oh Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies you are brilliant and I definitely need to link up!
So without further ado, my to do list:
1. I need to set up my Word Study spelling notebooks.
2. I need to set up my reading brain books.
3. Rocket Math Folders. -I will post on this when I make them :)
4. Set up Whole Class Journals like the ones I have been seeing around the internet and pinterest world.
5. Map out basic curriculum for the year.
6.My teacher's binder.
7. Print out labels for notebooks and folders.
8. Organize and label my classroom library.
9.Daily 5 and Cafe - (the posters, the anchor charts, the pensieve, and I still haven't decided what to do about book boxes!) I either want to do this setup or something more like the ones from Really Good Stuff. I've seen the idea about using ice boxes from Wal-Mart which are $1.88 each but I'm not sure if they are tall enough.
11. All about me pages for our class book. Including filling my about your teacher page.
12. Class Schedule.
13. Library Check out system.
14. Set up math centers.
15. Birthday Bin with goodies.
16. Clipboards (I need to buy more and want to make a cute basket for them). I wanted to decorate the boards themselves as well - but looking at this list.... uh... on second thought maybe not.
17. Parent Welcome Letter
This list is definitely going to be a work in progress because I know I am forgetting something!