Here are a few of the things I need to remember to teach:
1. The class rules - I will be using the 5 from Whole Brain Teaching (Google it - AMAZING)
1. Follow directions quickly
2. Raise your hand for permission to speak.
3. Raise your hand for permission to leave your seat.
4. Make smart choices!
5. Make your dear teacher happy!
2. Pencil rules - I HATE the sound of the pencil sharpener, so I keep tons on hand for them to exchange.
3. Lining up and hallway expectations. I am a stickler for not disturbing other classes.
4. Lunchroom behavior - when I student taught in elementary we ate with the students for the first week to model expected behaviors. If my new school allows this I will do it again.
5. Daily 5 procedures.
6. Beginning of the day procedures - I like to have the students work on something when they come in to make that transition to this is class time.
7. Morning Meeting Procedures - I plan on incorporating this in this year, so I will need to teach the expectations for greeting, sharing, morning message, and group activity.
What are your beginning of the year procedures? Link up!