Sunday, July 22, 2012

Get Ready For Back To School With a Vision Check-up

When we went to Luke's physical for football, he was referred to have his eyes checked, so we quickly made an appointment for him, and I am so thankful that we did!  He has 20/50 vision in one eye and 20/100 in the other eye!  I had no idea his vision was so bad, and I am really glad that we got him glasses before he started first grade.  I am supposed to wear glasses myself, but have been terrible about it.  Seeing Luke wear his all the time has really helped me to wear them as often as I should (which is all the time).

No more squinting across the room with my kiddos telling me, "Mrs. Malloy, you need to wear glasses!" when I can't see the board.

Have you gotten your eyes checked for back to school? 

If not, you might want to check out this deal from Sears that I just got in my email:


SEARS OPTICAL CELEBRATES AUGUST’S NATIONAL EYE EXAM MONTH BY GETTING FAMILIES READY FOR BACK-TO-SCHOOL
 
 
WHAT:           Sears Optical founded National Eye Exam Month in 1989 to build awareness about the importance of eye health and annual eye exams. During the month of August, as you are getting your family ready to head back-to-school, Sears Optical reminds you to make an appointment for an annual eye exam.
 
During the back-to-school season, Sears Optical customers can take advantage of special offers for the entire family. Adults and kids are able to receive two complete pairs of eyeglasses made with Ultralight lenses for $99.
 
 
WHEN:           Now – September 11th
 
 
WHERE:         Sears Optical Stores Nationwide
To find a store near you visit www.searsoptical.com
 
 
DETAILS:       Families across the nation are preparing for back-to-school and annual eye exams should be part of the routine. 80% of what children learn comes through their vision and undetected vision problems can lead to learning difficulties.
 
Eye exams are important for adults as well. Many vision-threatening eye problems such as glaucoma can be treated and prevented if discovered early enough.
 
With over 50 years in the eye care industry, Sears Optical is the expert in family eye care. With experienced opticians and quality brands with a great frame selection, Sears Optical is the one-stop-shop for all your family’s vision care needs. Make an appointment with your eye care provider to schedule an eye exam for your family today.  

Disclosure: I received NO compensation for this post - I just thought I would share the information :)


2 comments:

  1. Good on Sears! Just wanted to let you know I've awarded you the Liebster Blog Award. Stop on by to check it out!

    Classroom Capers

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie he is! I need to get my vision checked as well. They haven't been checked since I was in junior high lol. Thanks for the follow! I'm following you back!

    ✪Crystal✪
    Strive to Sparkle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...