Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Show & Tell Tuesday


I am linking up with Forever in 5th Grade for Show & Tell Tuesday.  Just a little peek at some of the things in our lives and classroom!



As you can probably tell from my profile pictures and my blog, we have a lot of boys in our family.  6 of our own to be exact.  We also have 2 nephews, so up until August we were a boys only family.  In August my sister-in-law had a baby girl, and we finally had a girl in the family.  We visited them this past week, and you can tell my hubby is just smitten with his niece!






A few weeks ago, I showed my class the video, Cain's Arcade.  You can watch it below.  They have become so inspired to make their own cardboard arcade.  Here is just a sample of their work.


I will be sharing a more complete post once they have completed their projects, but let me just say, I have been impressed!



Two of our favorite picture book read alouds have been these two:


They are great mentor texts for writing and figurative language!


I love the erasable Frixion pens, so I was super excited when these arrived in the mail on Friday from Amazon!  They are erasable markers!  I am always making mistakes on my anchor charts, so I am looking forward to using these!  You can find them here.







10 comments:

  1. Uh oh! Erasable markers, you say? Off to find them on Amazon!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet baby! Gotta love those cheeks! I can't imagine erasable markers. I will have to try them out!

    Stephanie
    Forever in Fifth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love that Cain's Arcade video - it's perfect for inspiration during genius hour!!!

    Wild About Fifth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Frixion! I have the Frixion pens, Frixion highlighters and Frixion colors! :)

    ~Cherie~
    Fluttering through the Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Frixion markers sound really cool! I'm gonna have to check them out. Thanks for all the info! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get those markers!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dogzilla and Kat Kong look engaging and exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Caine's Arcade. I started the year off with his video, and I think he is an inspiration to children everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to find some erasable markers!! I had no idea they existed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, these pens sound fabulous! I would love to try them out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...