Friday, January 8, 2016

New Year's Resolutions Blog Hop



The Classroom Clique is bringing to you a fun little hop filled with some of our resolutions for the New Year and a few freebies for you as well!  Nothing like starting out the new year with a set of FREE resources for your class!



My resolution for myself is to sleep more.  I get up super early in the morning (4:30 AM) to get things done, and then no matter how many times I tell myself I am going to go to bed early, I stay up way too late.  The result is a crankier me than I would like.  So, I need to be getting 7 to 8 hours each night - no excuses!



My resolution to my family is to turn off the technology from time to time to connect with each other.  With a TpT store, a blog and a teaching career (Pinterest anyone? LOL), I am often quite connected to the internet at ALL TIMES.  I feel like occasionally my family gets the short end of the stick when it comes to quality time with me, and I want to change that this year.  I also have tween, teen, and adult children, so they also need to unplug from time to time.


My resolution for my class is to enjoy things more.  Because I teach in a tested grade, I feel like I am often stressed about testing and test scores.  I want to just enjoy my students for who they are rather than a set of data.  I want to laugh at their jokes, make time for their stories, and marvel at their curiosity.






I love using cooperative learning strategies in my classroom, so I have created this solve and switch activity for you.  I have included 12 double digit multiplication task cards, but you can use it with any set of task cards.

Solve and Switch Freebie - Double Digit Multiplication


Don't forget to visit my other friends in the hop to collect even more freebies! Hope 2016 is your best year yet!







1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your resolution about getting more sleep, and also more family time without being "plugged in". I know I need to do a better job of both in my life. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...