I hope you are enjoying becoming a "Together Teacher" with us through this book study - I know I am! Today it is time for chapter 8 and our hostess is Stephanie from Technology Timeout.
If you have missed my previous posts from this book study you can find them below:Chapter 6
Just like trying to eat healthy or exercise every day, when it comes to being an incredibly organized person, no one is ever perfect 24/7. In this chapter, Maia Heyck-Merlin addresses the common pitfalls that you may find along the way of becoming a Together Teacher - and most importantly, how to find your way out!
A few of the bumps she mentions:
1. Forgetting to carry our system with us.
2. Forgetting to look at our system. (So guilty of this one!
3. Not writing everything down (Again, one of my weaknesses!)
4. Forgetting to look beyond today (yep)
5. Choosing the wrong tool
Have you ever experienced any of these bumps while trying to become more organized?
What to do when your to-do's are not getting done
When you just don't feel like doing it.
1. Bring on the extrinsic motivation and give yourself a treat when it is completed.
2. Set a deadline - even better is someone else helps keep you accountable.
3. Tackle that task first thing in the morning - Get it over with!
Does It Really Need To Be Done?
1. If not, cross it off your list!
What Do You Do To Keep Your Self On Task?
If you are following along add your link below.