Saturday, May 10, 2014

5 For Friday May 9, 2014



The week is over and we only have three more weeks of school left!  It is just flying by!  Time to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday! Well, a day late - the end of the year can get a little crazy can't it?


Photo: And in the blink of an eye, this happens - my third baby turned 18 today!  Happy Birthday Palmer C. Stanfield!  Love you!

And in a blink of an eye - this happened!  My third child turned 18 this week!  Let me tell you that it doesn't get any easier from the first to the third.
He helped his friend DJ his high school dance this week (it was an 80's theme) - and they all looked great!  Definitely brought back some memories!


If you can't tell, he is the one rockin' the sunglasses and channeling Tom Cruise from Risky Business - lol!


And speaking of my children, I got the best gift ever from my youngest son, Luke.  I was at the copier during my prep period when he walked in (during his lunch) and handed me this note:


It was so special to me!  I really appreciated it, because sometimes I think I give my students so much of my time, I wonder if my own kids feel neglected, but obviously he is ok with sharing me!  I made sure to give him a lot of extra love in return for his sweet token of love!  I may need to make some Love Coupons for him instead of the other way around for Mother's Day.  If you are looking for any easy way to help your students celebrate Mother's Day (that can be used for other occasions as well), see my post here.





With this week being Teacher Appreciation Week, I have been feeling the love all week.  Here are a few of my goodies from my students:



Pretty flowers and a pretty girl - this little one LOVES getting her picture taken!  I have lots of selfies of her on my ipods and iphone from when she uses them for centers or QR code scanning.  I also have lots of photo bombs of hers in other classroom pics I take.  Love it!

She got me this for Teacher's Appreciation Week.



She knows me so well!  I have a Starbuck's Chai Latte - EVERY SINGLE DAY (serious addiction going on here!)




If you haven't entered already, be sure to head over here to win a $25 Teachers Pay Teachers Gift Card.  Only 2 days left!



And last but not least, I just want to wish all of you fellow mothers out there a very Happy Mother's Day!




4 comments:

  1. I love your blog design Kelly! I have scrolled up and down about 20 times now! Definitely gonna redo mine soon! I love the note from your child- both of mine sent me text messages this morning and I snapped a screen shot of the messages to save! (They are 25 and 28! Yikes!) Happy Mother's Day to ya!

    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the adorable note from your sweet baby. So precious! XO
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...