Saturday, February 15, 2014

Five for Friday February 14th


Happy Valentine's Day!  I survived the sugar rush that was our Valentine's Day Party!  It is Friday Saturday and time for a belated Five for Friday post with Doodle Bugs Teaching!


Speaking of said sugar rush here are a few pics of our "Love Fest"




My haul - good thing I have a few boys at home to help me eat all the goodies!



I tried to tame the sugar monster a bit by having a Heart Healthy Breakfast.  I think it is going to be a new tradition - the kids loved it!



Speaking of healthier eating - I know I have to be better about this.  I was really good at the beginning of the year, but as soon as I got bronchitis and pneumonia right before Christmas my good habits went out the door.  Being sick made me crave all of my comfort foods and unfortunately that includes sugar.  I lost a ton of weight when I gave up sugar during my last pregnancy (I had gestational diabetes), but I went back to the sugar and gained it all back and then some. I know I have to change permanently. So for the past three weeks I have gotten back on the exercise habit and this week was the week to get back on track with my healthier eating. I rarely have time at school to sit down and eat, but I am a snacker. Usually I munch on candies or other quick things to eat.  I knew I had to have quick and easy snacks on hand to help out.  I was inspired by this pin from Pinterest to bring some healthy snacks to school.




My Version

What types of healthy snacks do you bring to school to keep the hunger at bay?


Another fun Valentine tradition that has developed in my class is hair bows.  Because I have rolled up with my class, I have the same students this year that I do last year.  One of the girls in my class has brought hair ribbons to school for all of the girls in our class (including me) every Valentine's Day.  Here is a pic of the girls modeling their bows:

And then the boys had to get into it too.





And on a final parting note:

Yeah, not sure what to say about that exactly :D

Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!  Hubby had to work last night so we are going out to dinner tonight.

4 comments:

  1. I love the healthy pin and your version. You are inspiring me to try the same. My lunch is short, so snacking would be a fabulous idea, rather than trying to eat a meal so quickly. Those hair bows are adorable! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your heart healthy breakfast idea! I'm going to have to try that next year. We had wayyyy too much sugar yesterday!
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do so much better too when I bring in food and snacks that are healthy instead of scrouning around in the treat basket at school. Congrats on getting back on track. It's so tough, but so worth it!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being prepared with snacks is smart smart smart! I struggle with sugar, too, and I find that I am able to make the healthier choice when it is an option. Good for you for making it an option!! I'm also going to tuck your "Heart Healthy Breakfast" idea away for next year--what fun!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Erin
    Little Miss Primary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...