Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Multiplication Helpers For Struggling Students - Tried It Tuesday FREEBIES!



Today is Tuesday and time to link up with Fourth Grade Flipper for Tried It Tuesday.

We all have those students who need more practice, more instruction, more time, more strategies, just plain MORE!  Well, I have a few who have really struggled with multiplication and that makes teaching the 4th grade math curriculum (with long division, factors, multiples, fractions, etc.) really difficult for them to achieve.  Many of them are very hands on learners and CAN succeed if given the right tools.  Here are a few of the things that I have tried to help them become more successful mathematicians.

Touch Math
I learned about Touch Math a few years ago while working with some SPED students, but, I have used it very successfully with some of my regular developing kiddos who just need some extra assistance with math. Our school had purchased this kit years ago and it was buried in a storage room and I was lucky enough to dig it out.

Upper Grades Touch Math Multiplication and Divison Review  I have been using it for multiplication and division of course, but I was also excited to find that it covered some fractions as well since that is the current unit we are working on!

I found some freebies for you to try in your classroom as well.

Multiplication and Division
Fractions

Multiplication Multiples

Multiplication Multiples By JH

I also found this amazing product on Pinterest and knew it might help some of my kiddos.  I followed the link through to the FREEBIE from Judy Hopf, printed out a few of them and then laminated them to keep them durable. I introduced them to my students, and they have been just as loved as the "cheater charts" (the name my students have given multiplication tables).



Love Mixed Number Style - Adding and Subtracting Mixed Num









And... before you go, make sure to visit my Giveaways page to enter our weekly giveaway to win a $25 Teachers pay Teachers gift card!

2 comments:

  1. It is SO hard when the kids don't know their multiplication facts...it's almost like when you teach Kindergarten and the little ones can't tie their shoes. You almost want to have a parade when someone learns their facts because it is such a big deal. I've heard a lot of people have been super successful with touch math!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of touch math but loved reading your post to find out more! What a great freebie too! Thanks for linking up. :)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...