Monday, August 13, 2012

Must Have Materials for Reading and Writing Workshop

I am linking up with My Life as a Third Grade Teachers Must Have Materials for Reading and Writing Workshop.



Here are a few of my must haves:


A classroom library.  You can't work on reading without books can you?  I have my books organized by author.  They are also labeled with the DRA and AR reading level. I used a system similar to Beth Newingham's.

 I also use Classroom Organizer to keep track of all of my books. This is just a small section of my library.


Student Book Boxes.  I got these from Really Good Stuff, and I love them!  They fit the reader's notebook, word work folder, and the books the students are reading.


 Reader's Notebook.  This is binder that holds all of their paperwork that they use during Daily 5 including a books read list, reader's response, and handouts from mini-lessons. I will post more in depth about this later.

Spelling Folders.  Again, I modeled after my hero Beth Newingham for my spelling program. I don't have pictures yet, but I will be posting about them later on as well.








1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up! Looks like we have similar style!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...