Saturday, March 4, 2017

St. Patrick's Day Math Facts Treasure Hunt FREEBIE

Do your students need to practice their math facts?  If they are anything like mine, the answer is yes, and you will LOVE this St. Patrick's Day themed math fact treasure hunt freebie!



Educators and cognitive scientists agree that the ability to recall basic math facts fluently is necessary for students to attain higher-order math skills.  Because of this, I am always looking for fun ways to get my students practicing their math facts.


My students have been having fun with this St. Patrick's Day themed Treasure Hunt Game! I hide a "treasure" picture underneath one of these cups.


The students pick one of the cups. Then they answer the math fact on the cup, and if they get it correct, they get to lift it up and see if they won the treasure.  If not, they put the cup down and the next student tries.





Here is a video of the game in play:




St. Patrick’s Day Math Facts Treasure Hunt  Freebie - Addi


You can download this FREEBIE at my Teachers pay Teachers Store here.  

I also have an addition version for younger grades here.


Have you used this activity in your classroom? I'd love to hear about it in the comments below or tag me on Twitter or Instagram.




1 comment:

  1. This looks like a lot of fun. Although we are not supposed to work in groups per our Covid rules at the school, I can still use this at a table and have them come up one at a time. My fourth graders struggle with their facts and I am always looking for new and fun ways to learn. Do you just see how many "treasures" they can collect or give them a way to exchange the "treasure" for something else? Such as a prize from the prize box or candy? Thank you again for this awesome idea and freebie1

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...