Monday, July 13, 2015

Viva Las Vegas! A TPT Conference Linky Party



Last week I had the opportunity to go for a second year to the TpT Conference for Teachers Pay Teachers Sellers in Las Vegas.  The conference was a great way not only to learn more about Teachers Pay Teachers, but also to meet other teacher bloggers and product creators, and to glean inspiration from those who are doing great things. While I was in Vegas, I also attended the SDE conference on Differentiation.

I flew into Vegas Monday afternoon full of anticipation.



We stayed at the same hotel as we did last year, the Venetian.  If you ever go to Vegas, you have to check it out.  It is beautiful!  Here is a picture of the lobby.



This is the canal that is inside the shops and stores area in the Venetian.



On the way to registering for the SDE conference, look who I found!  Amy and the gals from TpT!  We took a selfie on the escalator, and luckily no one fell off!




The Differentiation Conference started Tuesday morning.


I was able to see some amazing speakers and sessions and learned so much!  I can't wait to try them out in my classroom, and of course share them with you!


One of my favorite presenters was Kathy Perez.  She was (in her own words) a hot chili pepper, and was she full of energy! Perfect for an after lunch session.


I also loved learning math games with Boxcars and One-Eyed Jacks.


After the SDE conference, and right before the TpT conference, I attended two meet-ups with other sellers. The first one was dinner with The Cool Kids meet-up.


I sat next to my friend, Karen, from Planet Happy Smiles.



After dinner we headed over to the Blogger Meet-up hosted by Blog Hoppin'.  While standing in line, I got to meet Farley from Oh Boy Fourth Grade!  I love participating in Currently every month, and I loved getting to meet the lady behind the blog.  She was super sweet!


At the meet-up my roomie, Kathleen of A+ Kids and I took a fun photo with a few other friends thanks to GoNoodle.


The next day was time for meet and greet before the TpT conference.  I was able to meet many third and fourth grade teachers as well as Chandra from Powerpoint Gaming.  She has donated to several of my giveaway this pas year, so I was excited to meet her in person.  If you haven't checked out her store before, you definitely need to because she has some amazing games.





I was able to take a picture with another one of my favorites, Deanna Jump.


I also got to meet Julie in person.  She blogs at Third is the Word, and we have collaborated a few times for Instagram Loops.

I did a little shopping in between sessions.  Shopping for a teacher looks a little like this:


I ended the conference the same way I did last year with a photo booth picture with Nancy from The Apple Basket Teacher.



It was an absolutely fantastic week, and I am exhausted!  The CEO of TpT said it was like summer camp for grown-ups and it really was!  I will share more later, but now I must head to bed as I have a full week of Reading Workshop Training with some staff members from TCRWP.





Did you attend the TpT Conference?  What did you find inspiring?  What are you going to do this year with that information?



Did you like this post?  Well, if I may be so bold, I have some other posts about the 2014 TpT Conference that you might enjoy!

1. Notes from Jen Jones' Session - Hello Buyers! Provide Top Notch Customer Care For Your Buyers
2. Notes from Rachel Lynette's Session - Build Your Magnet Marketing Plan


And, if you would like to read even more about THIS year's conference, check out other blog posts from other bloggers who attended here.



6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had fun even before we met up! I'm so happy we met up! Working with you has always been great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a blasty, and took some memorable photos. I felt too shy to ask for photos this year... that and my cell phone is being held together with duct tape. :) Maybe next year!!

    The Whimsical Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO glad we got to meet! Looking at all your purchases, I really should have checked out that vendor room. I really appreciated your kindness and words of wisdom and I can't wait to work on more things together!

    Nichole
    The Craft of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great meeting you and thanks so much for the shout out in this post… you are too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a great time! Awesome post and great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your post! What a great time in Vegas. I wish I could have met you in person while we were there. Hopefully next year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...