Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Easter Egg Showdown - Reviewing Division Game


This week I got a newsletter from Laura Candler which reminded me of an activity that I hadn't done in quite awhile.  Showdown!  I didn't even realize how long it had been until I pulled out my eggs...


Yep - that was from 7th grade math.  I haven't taught 7th grade in almost 2 years!
Well luckily Laura has division  problems in her Easter Egg Showdown which was a perfect review for my 4th graders.

When they came in from lunch, this is what they saw.



They were so excited to see Easter Eggs on their desks.  The best part?  They weren't even disappointed when they found out they were filled with math problems!

Each table had a team captain who opened the egg and pulled out the problem.  They read it out loud (a great way to practice since they like to reverse the divisor and the dividend when reading them) and placed them on the table for all to see.  Each team member answered the problem on their board and placed them face down when finished.  The captain called, "Showdown" and they shared their answers.  When they finished all of their eggs, they traded eggs with another team (which saved me copies!).



They had a blast!



1 comment:

  1. I have a package of empty eggs sitting on my desk right now!!! Perfect idea!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...