Friday, November 22, 2013

Five For Friday Nov 22 With A Freebie!

It's been a few weeks, but I am FINALLY joining up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!  I love peeking in on everyone else's week, and looking back at my own. PLUS - there is a FREEBIE in today's post as a Thanksgiving treat from me to you! So without further ado:


Writing on the desk.  
I don't know why, but for some reason my students are extremely motivated to solve math problems when I let them write on the table.


We use study island, and I noticed a few of my students were struggling with writing numbers in written form, so I pulled out my place value dice and let them work with partners to write on the table.


Art Work
My students love sharing their drawings with me to hang on the wall behind my desk.  Here is the newest piece - a Cornucopia!  Perfect for Thanksgiving!


Snow!

We had snow this week and the kiddos have been so excited.  That and the full moon, made for an INTERESTING Monday and Tuesday!  But, by the end of the week behavior was improving.  
This one wanted me to take a picture of her hair with the snow in it.  


More Snow!

I found these "fake snow" science experiments at the Dollar Tree.


We made factor turkeys today.  Super easy and fun!


AND... as a thank you for scrolling down this far, I have uploaded the template as a freebie on Teachers Pay Teachers.  Just click here. And,,, I know some of the examples look wrong, but they were due to mis-communication and gluing.  One of the kiddos covered part of her numbers when she glued and the other put both 5's on one feather since I told her she only needed one feather for the 5 - it looks like 55 instead of just 5.  My fault!



Hope you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...