Monday, October 7, 2013

What Do You Want Your Teacher To Notice? Reflecting on September With a Freebie!

I absolutely LOVE Pernille Ripp!  She is one of my teaching heroes that I have been following on Twitter FOREVER.  I always get the greatest ideas and inspirations from her, and this one was no exception.  I read this blog post of hers entitled - What Do You Wish I Would Notice - this weekend and I knew I had to ask my kiddos the same question. I was nervous to be sure, but I was not disappointed with their responses:


This student was so honest about their behavior this month I really had to chuckle as I read it.

 
This one had some advice for me on dealing with bad behavior in the classroom.
 
 
This one wanted me to set harder goals - I love it!

 
I had told my students that my own goal was to be better prepared - I am constantly stopping lessons to find my white board markers or materials because I set them down somewhere.  This student obviously agrees with me.
 
These two were from the same student who has been acting up lately, which is not like her at all - I had no idea she needed a seat change, so that was definitely in order and an easy fix.
 
This was such a great way to get the students to reflect about their own work habits, but it really gave me a few ideas of ways I could also improve my teaching.

I have decided to have my students reflect each month, and have made a packet of reflection pages which I have made as a Teachers Pay Teachers Freebie For you! You can download it here.

2 comments:

  1. Love the freebie - thank you this is such a great idea! I've done similar things as term reflections, but I think a monthly idea is great, as things (like seating arrangement issues) may pop up more frequently than at the end of each term!

    Love to Learn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...