Saturday, July 28, 2012

My New Classroom - The Before Shot

I got to go into my new classroom on Friday.  This is what it looked like when I came in.  If I had been smart, (and didn't have three of my boys in tow) I might have taken pictures of all angles, but I didn't.  It is much bigger than my old classroom, and I actually have 4 walls instead of a slider thing. 

When I first arrived all of the tables (all tables, no desks in this room) were up against the wall.  I managed to move the tables out and got the computers hooked up before my boys decided that they had enough fun in the classroom.

I love the idea of the tables (no missing work shoved in desks), but I'm not 100% sure how to set them up.  Right now I have three groups of two rectangle tables put together.  I'm not sure if I will keep it that way or not.... Decisions, decisions.

I would love any input or suggestions on the table situation (storage ideas for supplies as well - :) please and thank you!).

Also, since this is the first time that I will have my boys in my classroom before and after school, I would also love any suggestions for keeping them busy while I work.

3 comments:

  1. I love my tables. I think that if I had desks, I would turn them backwards and make them into tables. We have community supplies. Each group of 4-5 has a cleaning caddy and put pencils, scissors, glue and crayons in it.

    sandi
    rubber boots and elf shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caddies are a great idea. I saw those sectioned into three ones at the Dollar Tree the other day. I'm using a flower box this year myself. And I had seen on Pinterest how a teacher put a little bookshelf at the end of her tables for the kids to keep their folders and what not inside magazine files. I didn't have wooden bookshelves though and couldn't afford to buy them, but I could afford those plastic put together jobs you can get at Lowes. Those worked well for me this last Spring. Oh, and I saw someone else on Pinterest using milk crates zip tied together for the same thing.
    ~Heather
    The Meek Moose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I frequently have my boys with me in my classroom and I get them going on educational websites on the computers. Netflix is always my backup! I keep legos and lincoln logs handy too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...