Monday, July 17, 2017

Personalize Your Math Problems

My students have always LOVED when I use their names in math problems.  They always get excited, and the engagement really increases.  This summer I have been teaching summer school.  I decided to take the personalization one step further with pictures.



My littles had an obsession with pine cones  (although they called them acorns for some reason - LOL!).  So, I took them outside to play with the pine cones (and to practice some math skills).


I took pictures of them while we were outside and created math prompts with them.




Instant engagement!  They were so excited to see their faces in their math journals!








Have you ever personalized your math problems?


1 comment:

  1. Yes - I have done this! The kids loved having word problems with their names in them. Also, I do this for spelling tests - each student has a number so that number on the spelling test contains a sentence with their name and the spelling word! So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...